Thursday, August 3, 2017

Book Trailer Premiere: La La La: A Story of Hope by Kate DiCamillo & Jaime Kim

Hello, Kate! Happy Thursday! Thank you for celebrating La La La: A Story of Hope with me. It is always an honor when you finish my sentences. 

Kate DiCamillo: Hello back to you, Mr. Schu. It is always an honor when you ask me to finish your sentences.

Thank you for sharing your wisdom and words with the world.


La La LaA Story of Hope tells the story of connecting, of seeing and being seen. In many ways, it is the story of story and me.

Jaime Kim’s illustrations knock me right off my feet. They make me feel like a kid. They fill me with hope and wonder.
Illustration Credit: Jaime Kim
On October 3, 2017, kids and adults will get to sing with Jaime and me.

Music helps us to connect to each other and to the world.

Illustration Credit: Jaime Kim
Picture books are a song.

Mr. Schu, you should have asked me if I can sing.

I can't.  

As a matter of fact, there were many times when I was asked *not* to sing.  As in "Kate, why don't you just mouth the words?" 

But making books *feels* like singing.  And that is a grand thing.


Look for La La La: A Story of Hope on October 3, 2017! 


Come back tomorrow to read an interview with Jaime Kim. 

No comments:

Post a Comment